- About me
* Started playing soccer at the age of 5 for Cashmere in 2006
* Player of the Year or MVP for my club team in the years 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012
* Canterbury age group representative 11th, 12th and 13th grades (2012 – 2014)
* Selected for Mainland Federation Talent Centre 2013, 2014
* Use every training and game experience as a real opportunity to continue to develop and improve my soccer skills with the aim of playing the best I possibly can.
* A team player who can lead by example and determination
* Focused on the accuracy and quality of the execution of game time skills/strategies
* Prepared to back myself and trust my instincts with the team’s best interests at heart
* Willing to accept and to act on advice, and to practice hard so I can play harder
* Though I will always give of my best I have faith in the coach to know what’s best for the team
* Ability to adapt to play confidently and competently in several positions from defender to striker
* Quick reactions and pace often make me difficult to mark
* Level headed and composed with a drive to keep ‘fighting’ especially in situations of challenge and expectation
Experience and Achievements
Have played for the Cashmere Club (now Cashmere Technical) since the age of 5, starting in their First Kicks programme.
Played 1 year in the Spitfires team and 2 years in the Kiwis where I was a prolific goal scorer often scoring from long range or using my pace to beat players. I also had a natural instinct to get back to defend and with vision build attacking play from the back.
In 2011 I was selected for the Cashmere 10th grade A team where I played as left defender, but in that position often felt that my attacking instincts were curbed.
In the off-season of that year I didn’t play a summer sport and spent some time on holiday in France. When I came back to trial for the new 2012 season I wasn’t ready, and was selected for the CashTech 11th grade B team. However the coach of the A team offered that I train once a week with the A team but play for the B’s. I accepted his offer, and played for the B’s as an attacking midfielder. In July was called up by the A coach to travel with the A team to a club tournament in Nelson. I took my opportunity to show I could play again at that level, and as an attacking midfielder scored the goal with the last play of the game to send the team into the final. In August I was invited to trial for a Canterbury rep team, and was successful -selected as a defender at the South Island tournament in Nelson..
In 2013 was selected in the CashTech 12th grade A team -again as a defender. We finished second in our local competition. Was selected as a Canterbury rep at the South Island tournament in Blenheim. We finished 4th.
In 2014 was selected in the CashTech 13th grade A team as a defender. We finished second on goal difference in our local competition. We won however the club tournament in Nelson in July beating Auckland’s Western Springs 5-1 in the final. Was selected as a Canterbury rep at the South Island tournament in Queenstown. Was selected as a defender but because of my pace and elusiveness the coach saw promise in me as an attacking player and decided to play me as a striker! We ended up winning the tournament after extra time and a penalty shoot-out!
* 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012: Player of the Year or MVP for my CashTech club team.
*2012: 11th grade Canterbury rep (South Island tournament in Nelson. Finished 8th)
*2013: Selected for the Mainland Federation Talent Centre (FTC)
*2013: 12th grade Canterbury rep (South Island tournament in Blenheim. Finished 4th)
*2014: Selected for the Mainland FTC
*2014: With the 13th grade A CashTech team won the Nelson Suburbs tournament beating Western Springs 5-1 in the final.
*2014: 13th grade Canterbury rep (South Island tournament in Queenstown). Selected as a defender, the coach decided to play me as a key striker. Scored two goals in one game, but scored the crucial goal in the semi-final against Nelson to take the team to the final, and then in the final scored the equaliser with minutes remaining in extra time to take the game to a penalty shootout. We won on the penalty shootout!
- Current Team
13th Grade A Division 1 CTFC
- Personal Bests
Primarily coached as a defender, being selected for the 13th grade Canterbury Black team in 2014, and my Canterbury coach having faith in my speed and agility qualities to play me in the South Island tournament as a key striker. His faith in me was rewarded when I slotted the crucial semi-final goal to get my team into the final, then in the final score the equaliser in extra time to take the game to a penalty shootout. We won on the penalty shootout!
- Additional possitions I can play
- Additional sports I play are
- Current Club
Cashmere Technical FC -Christchurch